Saturday, August 14, 2010

another year older and truly thankful.....

Portland Maine, 8:20 pm - sitting here in my hotel, thinking about the past year of my life, and just how much things have changed since turning the big 4-0 last August....its amazing how you think you know just how your life is gonna play out (whether you expect it to be exciting or boring) and then BANG! You get hit with that curveball that shakes everything upside down, and every day becomes a rollercoaster ride....

I've learned about what is truly important this year - having family and friends that love you is a gift that should never be taken for granted. I've always admired my older brother Lee, but never took the time to tell him that, as we've always squabbled over stupid things our entire lives. Over the past year, he has really been there for me, and his actions have spoken much louder than his words in showing me just how much he's there. Seeing him now, I regret that I wasted many years not appreciating him for the man of great character that he truly is, but I'm very proud to say that I really appreciate the big brother he is, and that I look up to him very much.

My mom Katy has always been my rock - she has believed in me during the many times I haven't believed in myself, and she reminds me to have a little faith and enjoy life...she has been a shining example of strength, and I'm truly thankful that I have such an amazing mom!

To the wonderful friends who have really been there this past year - Jenn, Laurie, Liisa & Pauli, Natalie, Mike & Kendra, Brenda & Marc, Robin, Peter, Rene, Jennifer & Adam, Rob, Norma, Mark and others too many to mention - thank you for not giving up on me....you've seen me at my best and my worst, and your unconditional love and support means the world to me.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind tonight.....thank you all for truly making this a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment